EXPERIENCED BUILDING OPERATOR
5-10 years experience in building operations overseeing building systems. with solid references.
- Good understanding of the building operations including but not limited to BAS, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety, etc and ensure all equipment and systems are operated in a safe and efficient manner; Familiarity with Viessman boilers is a definitive positive.
- Conduct inspections and enter appropriate record logs in order to track that equipment is maintained in good working order;
- Take water samples daily of the pool to ensure that the chemical and PH levels are in accordance with Alberta Health standards
- Complete when delegated any minor maintenance and repairs as required if not under service contracts
- Maintain access to a list of up to date and accurate emergency contact information and regularly review the procedures for life safety, emergency response, and the fire and pool safety plan;
- Monitor building systems regularly for proper operation and report any discrepancies. Complete weekly, bi-weekly and monthly testing where required;
- Ensure all health, safety and security procedures are adhered to and areas of concern are reported to the appropriate parties in a timely manner in order to limit exposure to liability and loss;
- Inspect & test fire protection equipment & backup power systems at recommended intervals for proper operation in order to meet legislative requirements and ensure tenant and customer safety;
- Participate in conducting the required fire drills;
- Fix any water leaks in the building common areas and suites.
- Respond to tenants in a timely manner when work orders are assigned, and assist in solving problems as required.
- When on call, respond to after hour calls and or emergencies.
- Power Engineer 5th Class or equivalent;
- Sound knowledge of building systems, life safety, and emergency procedures;
- Hands-on and strong knowledge of general maintenance;
- Knowledge of applicable Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) and First Aid and CPR training;
- Computer literate;
- Good oral/written communication and customer service skills;
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and able to respond quickly to emergency situations;
- Collaborative worker and effective member of a team;
- Positive attitude and willingness to work overtime when necessary and respond to emergencies;
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
You will be joining a professional management team who pride themselves on offering great tenant service and work closely together to deliver that promise.
Please use our online employment form to apply.